Total time: 60mns
With only three good quality ingredients, you'll love how simple and delicious this recipe is! Served warm or cold, this is great to make ahead of time for a nutritious and filling meal, or a snack on the go.
Sweet potatoes contain almost twice as much fiber as other types of potatoes. The high fiber content makes them a low GI food, which means they keep your blood sugar stable for longer. They contain a large amount of vitamin B6 and potassium which plays an important role in lowering blood pressure. Sweet potatoes also boasts high amounts of Beta-carotene or vitamin A which is an important antioxidant.
10 Large eggs
400g Sweet potato
2 Large white onions
2 tsp ground cumin
Salt & pepper
You will need an Oven proof frying pan and/or Baking dish (8x8 or 6x12). Pre-heat oven to 180C degrees.
- Peel and slice sweet potato into thin discs.
- Peel and slice the onion thinly.
- In a large mixing bowl mix the sweet potato with cumin, salt, pepper and some ghee together.
- Line a baking rack with parchment paper, place the sweet potato on it, and bake for 10-15mins or until cooked.
- Pre-heat a frying pan to medium high, add some ghee and fry onion till caramelized Remove and keep aside.
- In another large bowl whisk together eggs, add salt & pepper to taste.
- Pre-heat the frying pan to medium high, add some more ghee, and layer the sweet potato with the caramelized onions.
- Pour egg mixture over sweet potatoes and onions. Fry for 2 mins, then place in oven.
- Bake for 20-30mins or until cooked through. Place under grill for a few mins to brown top. Remove and leave to cool and set.
- Slice and serve warm or cold with a fresh side salad.
Source: This Dude Knows Food