Total Time: 30mns
These cookies are a fabulous choice for kids and adults alike. They contain no sugar whatsoever, and only heart-healthy fats from the coconut oil and almonds. Dates are packed with an impressive list of concentrated nutrients, vitamins, and minerals that are required for normal growth, development and overall well-being. They are also high in fiber which makes them a great choice. These cookies are an absolute treat for all!
1/2 cup Dates (Fresh dates make this recipe much more delicious)
1/2 cup Desiccated Coconut
1/2 cup Oats (organic rolled oats are tastier and have better texture)
1/2 cup Almonds (you can use sesame seeds to be nut free, also very yummy with the dates)
3 Tablespoons Coconut Oil
Juice of a small Orange - some zest is optional
- Process 1/2 cup of each oats, coconut, dates and almonds in a food processor until the texture is crumb-like.
- Add the coconut oil and juice of a small orange and process further to combine. The dough will hold it's shape when formed together.
- Roll into a log, wrap in cling film and place in fridge to firm up.
If you are pushed for time, simply roll into small balls and flatten onto a baking tray, no need to firm up in fridge (this is a little more fiddly, but looks lovely pressed with a fork)
- Once the log is solid, you can easily slice cookies, about 3mm is good!
- Preheat oven to 170C
- Place on baking paper or a cookie tray and bake in oven for about 20 minutes - remove when slightly brown.
- Cool on a wire rack to firm up
- Can be stored in an air tight container for 2 weeks - they won't last that long though!