Total time: 30mns
Beets are very high in anti-oxidants, folate and B vitamins. They are a great food to include in your diet for a healthy heart and normal tissue growth. They are also very low in calories with one cup containing only 75Kcal.
Goat cheese crumbled (quantity as per your taste). Make sure you buy the hard goat cheese that can be crumbled, not the creamy one.
Fresh basil chopped
Toasted pine seeds
1 Clove garlic
3 tbs of extra virgin olive oil
1tbs balsamic vinegar
2tsp lemon juice
Sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Fill the bottom of the steamer with 2 inches of water.
- Chop the garlic and let it sit in the water.
- Wash the beets, cut into quarters and steam for about 15 minutes until you can easily insert a fork into the center of the beet.
- Transfer to a chopping board and remove the skin by rubbing off with a paper towel, then cut into pieces (you may want to wear plastic gloves for this!).
- Transfer to a bowl and toss with all the dressing.
- Top with the goat cheese, fresh basil, pine seeds and enjoy!