Total: 40mns/3 hours
This granola is a wonderful alternative to breakfast cereal. Its made with buckwheat which makes it Gluten-free. It contains wonderful natural sugars and fibre from fruits which gives you the boost you need in the morning, and seeds which provide lots of healthy fats. Combine it with your favourite nut milk and you have a delicious balanced breakfast that's gluten/sugar and dairy free.
4 cups Sprouted Granola
2 cups raisins or cranberries soaked
1 1/2 cup seeds (sunflower and pumpkin)
3 apples chopped small
2/3 cups date puree
8 tablespoons lemon juice
Zest of two lemons
Vanilla to taste
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
pinch of salt
- Sprout the buckwheat by soaking in water for 30mns, drain and let rest on a kitchen towel for 2 hours.
- Puree 8 dates in a blender with about 150ml of water to make the date puree.
- When the buckwheat is ready, combine all the ingredients together and mix very well to make sure you have the same consistency throughout.
- There are two ways to cook this:
- Spread the Granola very thin on a baking try covered with baking paper, and place in the oven on 170C for about 20/30mns, until crispy.
- Spread the granola on Paraflex Sheets and place in the dehydrator for about 3 hours at a temperature of 155C.
- Allow to cool and place in a sealed container.
Tip: Serve with almond milk for a balanced and delicious gluten-free/dairy-free and sugar-free breakfast.