Total Time: 35mns
This spinach and cranberry stuffed salmon is great way to incorporate two power foods into your diet. High in Omega 3's and antioxidants and simply delicious!
1 pound of Salmon fillets
½ cup of fresh spinach leaves
3 to 4 fresh basil leaves chopped
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1 clove of garlic minced
2 tablespoons craisins chopped (craisins are dried cranberries)
2 tablespoons nuts chopped (pecans, walnuts or almonds are recommended)
1 teaspoon of dried oregano
1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
½ cup breadcrumbs
- Sauté the spinach, lemon zest, and garlic until spinach is wilted.
- Combine the craisins, nuts, basil, and oregano leaves in a small bowl. Add the wilted spinach mixture to the small bowl and combine
- Cut a pocket horizontally into each salmon fillet. Stuff each pocket with about 2 tablespoons of the combined mixture.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard on the salmon and finish by sprinkling breadcrumbs on top of each fillet.
- Place salmon on non-stick baking sheet or backing sheet lined with oven safe paper and bake for 20 minutes at 375 degrees Fahrenheit or until fillets are fully cooked.