Total Time: 60mns
This is a great Gluten-free vegetarian noodle recipe that features lots of heart-healthy fats (sesame & coconut oil, sesame seeds & cashews). Its also packed with vegetables of all colors, making it nutrient dense. Enjoy!
1/2 cup cashew butter
2/3 cup water
4 tablespoons wheat-free soy sauce
2 tablespoons sesame oil
2 cloves of garlic
1 tablespoon fresh ginger
2 tablespoons miso paste
1-4 Thai peppers (depending on your spice tolerance)
juice from 1 lime
1/4 coarsely chopped cilantro
Toppings & Noodles:
1/2 thinly diced red pepper
1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
1/3 cup cashews
1/2 cup firm tofu (optional)
1 cup diced kale
1/4 cup thinly sliced carrot
1/4 cup thinly sliced onion
1/2 a lime cut into wedges
1 package of rice noodles
1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Soak the noodles in warm water for about 30-45 minutes. Don’t pre-cook them or else they’ll get soggy once you add them to the hot veggies/sauce.
- Blend all of the sauce ingredients except for the cilantro until smooth.
- Mix in coarsely chopped cilantro but save one sprinkle to garnish the dish with at the end.
- Cook onions, tofu, peppers and carrot in coconut oil on medium-high heat until the onions get slightly translucent and the tofu gets colored.
- Add kale and a bit of water (2 tablespoons) to the veggies to steam quickly.
- Turn heat down to low/simmer until water has evaporated.
- Add noodles and lightly mix until the sauce covers everything and the noodles have cooked slightly (try one to test it).
- Put into bowls and top with cilantro, cashews, a squeeze of lime and sesame seeds.
- If you want more heat, dice a Thai pepper and sprinkle it on top.
- Eat and enjoy!
Source: Paul Jarvis