Super tasty, super easy and full of amazing ingredients! Raw means that all the nutrients have been preserved so enjoy these guilt-free delicious deserts!
For the Filling:
- 1 1/2 cups dried unsweetened coconut
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Pinch salt
For the Coating:
- 1/3 cup melted cacao butter
- 1/3 cup raw cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Pinch sea salt
- 12 almonds
- In a food processor fitted with the “S” blade, process all filling ingredients until well mixed and uniform. They’ll be a little wet, but they should stick together well.
- Shape the filling into twelve mini rectangles and place them on a parchment lined tray. Put in the freezer and freeze for 30 minutes.
- Set up a double boiler, using a medium sized mixing bowl. Melt the cacao butter, then whisk in the cacao powder, syrup, and sea salt.
- Take each mini bar and dip it into the coating, quickly placing it back on the parchment. Return them to the fridge for 10-15 minutes, or until one coating has set. Repeat the process, so that each has a double coat.
- Press one almond on top of each mini bar. Return them to the fridge for another 15 minutes (or more), to let them set. When ready to serve, let them sit outside the fridge for about 15 minutes, then share them!
Tips: This recipe calls for cacao butter in the raw chocolate coating. If you can’t find it or don't want to use it, just go ahead and melt cooking chocolate alone in the same way and proceed as normal.
Source: Choosing Raw