Total Time: 30mns
Lemongrass-ginger tea is an excellent home remedy for many health problems. Regularly drinking it helps your overall well-being. When combined, these two ingredients work synergistically, powerfully, and effectively. You would benefit from drinking this tea if you are juice fasting, are undergoing a detox program, want to lose weight, want to improve your immune system, have a highly acidic body or have a health problem that results from imbalanced intestinal flora.
600 ml (~20 oz) pure drinking water.
4 big lemongrass bulbs – you want the white base part where the concentration of nutrients is highest.
2 inches ginger root (less, if you want less pungent).
Note: old ginger is more pungent than the young one.
- In a non-aluminium pot, boil 600 ml of water.
- Slice finely, or cut/pound the above ingredients to release the phytonutrients, fragrance and oils.
- Throw the cut ingredients into the boiling water, turn fire down to simmer for 5-7 minutes.
- When done, turn off the fire and cover the pot with lid. Let the tea steep for about 20-30 minutes.
- Strain. Add 1 tablespoon raw honey or stevia for taste if desired. Drink warm.
You can prepare this tea in the night and leave it in the pot to cool. In the morning, just lightly reboil it and pour into a thermal flask to take with you to work. You can sip it throughout the day but do not keep for more than 24 hours.