Total: 1.5 hours
Cakes are normally void of nutrition, being made of processed flour, sugar and fat. This cake on the other hand replaces those non-nutritious ingredients with power packed alternatives. Heart healthy olive oil and almond meal is used, sweet potatoes full of vitamin A, fibre and potassium, and mineral rich cocoa.
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup water
- 4 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 4 tbsp olive oil.
For the Ganache:
- Place all ingredients except the olive oil in a small saucepan on high heat, stirring to combine.
- Let mixture bubble for 5 minutes, stirring to keep it from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Mixture will start to thicken.
- Add olive oil and stir vigorously to incorporate oil into the chocolate mixture.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool before using it to top the cake
Source: The nutrition guru and the chef