Total: 135mns (includes 120mns refrigeration)
Raw foods, as opposed to foods that have been cooked, retain all of their nutrients and goodness. This recipe boasts a huge array of Vitamins and minerals from the heart healthy oils found in the nuts (Omega 3's), to the high antioxidants found in Raw Cacao and the rich Vitamins of the Dates and Coconut. Eat this without feeling guilty as you are giving your body a superboost of Nutrients... It really is to die for!
1 cup pecans (you can use walnuts too!)
1 cup dates
5 tablespoons raw cacao (cocoa) powder
4 tablespoons shredded unsweetened coconut
2 tablespoons honey or agave nectar (I use Manuka Honey)
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Place pecans alone in your food processor and process until the pecans become small and crumbly.
- Add dates and process again until the mixture sticks together and the dates are well processed.
- Add the remaining ingredients and process again until the mixture turns a lovely dark chocolatey brown. Stop processing before it gets too buttery. (There should still be air between the small bits so that you will be able to press them down into your brownie pan.)
- Dump the mixture into a brownie dish or small cake pan and press down firmly using your clean hands.
- Refrigerate for a couple of hours. You do not have to refrigerate it, but it is much easier to slice when chilled. By the way, this is actually a raw brownie recipe that keeps its shape!
- Keep stored in the refrigerator (if it lasts that long!)
Source: Andrea Biethman