Soup is always a great warm-up in the winter weather, and many of them contain cold and flu elixirs that will make you feel better in no time. This is one of my absolute favourites because it not only tastes amazing, I can also literally feel it working its magic. Made with super nutritious squash, ginger which acts as an expoterant, turmeric thats anti inflammatory, you'll be better in no time! I suggest you have a soup-making day and freeze enough to thaw out when you find yourself sniffling and coughing.
- Peel squash and cut into pieces.
- Heat 1 TBS broth in medium soup pot. Sauté onion in broth over medium heat for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until translucent.
- Add garlic, ginger, and continue to sauté for another minute.
- Add turmeric, curry powder, and mix well.
- Add squash and broth, and mix. Bring to a boil on high heat. Once it comes to a boil reduce heat to medium low and simmer uncovered until squash is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Place in blender and blend with coconut milk until smooth. Thin with a little broth if needed. Season to taste with salt and white pepper.
- Serve with a sprinkle of chopped cilantro on top.
Tip: I make the coconut milk by mixing 3 teaspoons of coconut powder with 200ml of water. Incase you're wondering, the calories of 200ml coconut milk made this way is just 70kcal!