Total Time: 20mns
These are almost too adorable to eat! They make a lovely addition to your christmas table and will have everyone talking, especially kids! They are normally made with whipped cream but here is our healthier version. Strawberries are jam-packed with Vitamin C which helps the body maintain healthy tissues and a strong immune system. Greek Yoghurt is naturally lower in fat and higher in good bacteria (probiotics) making it a better choice over normal yoghurt. Good quality unrefined raw honey is filled with wonderful nutrients that are practically all lost in commercial processed honey - so always make sure you go for the best, its a lot more expensive but honestly there is just no comparison.
1 large case strawberries (About 30)
1 tub of plain THICK Greek yogurt (about 32oz).
2 tablespoons best quality honey you can find (I always go for Raw honey or Manuka Honey)
A handful of Flaxseed or raisins (anything you choose to make Santa's eyes)
Desiccated coconut (optional)
Accessories: 1 piping bag with piping tip
- Cut the tip of the strawberries off to make Santa's hat!
- Hull the body of the strawberry slightly so the Yoghurt can sit in it (this will be santa's body!)
- Mix the yoghurt and honey and spoon it into your piping bag, this can be a bit tricky!
- Squeeze some yoghurt in the hulled part of the Strawberry. squeeze some more to make buttons on Santa's body.
- Put Santa's hat on top and make eyes with flaxseeds or any other item of your choice. Add a squirt of yoghurt to the top of santa's hat and voila!
- Set all your Santas on a display tray and sprinkle with desiccated coconut to give a snow effect (optional).