Total time: 30mns
A simply delicious salad! Fennel contains many great health-promoting antioxidants and a unique phytonutrient called Anethole that acts as an anti-inflammatory. It is also a good source of Vitamin C. Pomegranate is a great antioxidant and is wonderful for your heart and your cholesterol levels.
Half a pomegranate
2 medium heads of Fennel
1½ tbsp olive oil
2 tsp sumac (spice), plus extra to garnish
Juice of 1 lemon
2 tbsp roughly chopped flat-leaf parsley
70g Greek feta cheese cubed
- Release the seeds from the pomegranate.
- Remove the leaves of the fennel, keeping a few to garnish later. Slice the Fennel very thinly.
- In a bowl, mix the olive oil, sumac, lemon juice, herbs and some salt and pepper.
- Add the fennel and toss well. Taste for seasoning but remember the feta will add saltiness.
- Add the feta and Pomegranate seeds and toss gently.
- Garnish with fennel leaves, sprinkle over some sumac and serve the salad immediately.