Total: 8 hours (Overnight)
If you're going to consume any yoghurt, let it be a home-made organic one that's full of wonderful live beneficial bacteria for your gut. Here is how to make it in a dehydrator if you have one. For those of you who don't have a dehydrator, CLICK HERE for our classic homemade yoghurt recipe.
- 500ml of organic milk
- 2 or tablespoons of organic yoghurt with Live cultures
- Heat the milk in a pot until it reaches boiling point.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool until it reaches a temperature of 50 celsius or 110 Fahrenheit (check the temperature using a kitchen thermometer)
- Mix in 2 or 3 tablespoons of good organic yoghurt with live cultures. This can be from a batch of yoghurt that you previously made, or from a ready-made organic supermarket brand.
- Pour into a glass container and close with lid
- remove all the shelves from your dehydrator and place inside. Set the temperature at 110 Fahrenheit and leave for 8 hours (overnight). You will wake up to delicious creamy yoghurt!