Preparation: 5/10 mns
Total Time: 30mns
These secretly healthy Blondies are made with chickpeas, almond/peanut butter, and chocolate. They are vegan, gluten-free, flour less and contain no butter oil! They taste amazingly like the real thing and are great for big kids and little kids!
2 cups chickpeas, rinsed and drained
1/2 cup all natural almond butter or peanut butter
1/3 cup pure maple syrup or agave nectar (you can also use honey if you’re not vegan)
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/3 cup vegan (or regular) chocolate chips plus 2 tablespoons
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and spray 8×8 inch pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a food processor, add all ingredients except chocolate chips and process until batter is smooth. Fold in 1/3 cup of chocolate chips, I like to use dark chocolate because it has less sugar but it’s up to you.
- Spread batter evenly in prepared pan then sprinkle 2 tablespoons of chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean and edges are a tiny bit brown. The batter may look underdone, but you don’t want them to dry out!
- Cool pan for 20 minutes on wire rack, cut and serve!
Adding an egg to the batter will make it more cake-like, but not vegan.
You can use your favorite nut butter, just make sure it’s all natural.
Feel free to add in other things according to your dietary needs like nuts, dried fruit, dessicated coconut, or other types of chocolate.
Source: Monique at Ambitious Kitchen