There’s no arguing hummus is one of the tastiest, healthiest dips out there, and one of the easiest to make. Sure you can buy a tub at the grocery store, but learn how to make the classic version, and you’ve got a framework to create countless variations that’ll keep your taste buds on their toes. Hummus is very rich in protein and so can help fight hunger cravings and balance blood sugar levels. This in turn could help curb excessive snacking. The iron content in hummus helps boost your energy, which could make you more motivated to hit the gym!
- 240g Cooked Chickpeas
- 1/3 cup Tahini (sesame paste)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- Soak chickpeas overnight. Rinse add fresh water and boil for a couple of hours until cooked.
- Combine all the ingredients together in a food processor and blitz until smooth.
- For a thinner consistency, add water 1 tablespoon at a time.
I cook 500g of chickpeas at a time and than freeze them in pre-measured 240g lots in the freezer. It makes the whole process of making hummus so much faster!