Total time: 10mns
This is a great salad for the summer time! The citrus fruits are full of Vitamin C and add a very interesting flavour to this salad.
Brown rice vinegar adds an abundance of amino acids that work to enhance your health (Amino acids are necessary for proper digestion and absorption of nutrients from foods). Olive oil and almonds are full of good fats that raise your good cholesterol. An all round healthy salad!
2 hearts of romaine lettuce
2 fresh oranges and/or grapefruits
2 tablespoons brown rice syrup
2 tablespoons cider vinegar
1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 cup roasted almonds, slivered
- Wash and chop lettuce and place into large bowl.
- Cut off skin from oranges and/or grapefruits by cutting off top half, remove skin in strips, working all the way around the fruit from top to bottom. Cut along the side of the membrane to remove the sections of the citrus fruit.
- Combine brown rice syrup with vinegar and stream in extra-virgin olive oil, stirring constantly.
- Pour dressing over the lettuce, season with sea salt and pepper and toss.
- Lay fruit on top of lettuce and garnish with almonds.