Total time: 30mns
All kids love Chicken Nuggets and these are filled with amazing nutrients!
1 cup whole-wheat breadcrumbs
1/2 cup flaxseed meal
1 tablespoon grated Parmesan
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1 cup broccoli or spinach or sweet potato or beet puree
1 large egg , lightly beaten
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts or chicken tenders , rinsed, dried and cut into small chunks
1/2 teaspoon salt
Nonstick cooking spray
1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, flaxseed meal, Parmesan, paprika, garlic and onion powder on the paper or foil and mix well with your fingers.
- In a shallow bowl, mix the vegetable puree and egg with a fork and set the bowl next to the breadcrumb mixture.
- Sprinkle the chicken chunks with the salt.
- Dip the chunks into the egg mixture and then toss them in the breadcrumbs until completely coated.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and set over medium-high heat. When the skillet is hot, add the oil.
- Place the chicken nuggets in the skillet in a single layer, being careful not to crowd the pan, and cook until crisp and golden on one side, 3 to 4 minutes. Then turn and cook until the chicken is cooked through, golden brown and crisp all over, 4 to 5 minutes longer. (Cut through a piece to check that it's cooked through.) Serve warm.
Source: Jessica Seinfeld