Total time: 35mns
Did you know that the Ancient Greeks deemed the chestnut superior to almonds, hazelnuts and walnuts?
½ pound Brussels sprouts, ends cut off
½ teaspoon salt
½ pound shelled chestnuts
1 cup chicken or vegetable stock
1 tablespoon olive oil
Pre-heat oven to 350F (175C)
- In a medium sized sauce pan boil 2 inches of water.
- Add Brussels sprouts to boiling water with a pinch of sea salt.
- Boil for 5 minutes.
- Drain Brussels sprouts and add to a baking dish with chestnuts and stock.
- Sprinkle olive oil and salt on top.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes.